Students Safe After Fire On Madison Co. School Bus

– Photo WTVQ TV 36 –

No one was injured when a Madison County school bus was evacuated after the driver detected smoke.

It happened Thursday afternoon on Lexington Road on the Exit 90 overpass. School officials say that bus #222 was transporting students from B. Michael Caudill Middle School and Madison Central High School home from school.

The fire is believed to have started in the engine of the bus. When smoke was detected the driver immediately stopped the bus and evacuated all the students. No student or employee was injured in the incident.

The district dispatched a second bus to the scene and students were loaded and transported to their homes.

The bus sustained extensive damage.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *